vendredi 31 octobre 2008

My Manhattans around the world - Episode 5 : Lyon

Well, it's not the first place you'd think about for Manhattans but it's the city where I live.

I know a couple of bars that do serve Manhattans :
- at the Jonkafe, they used to make it with JD and serve it on the rocks (haven't been there for a while) : an OK drink but forgetable.
- at Le Ciel de Lyon, it's served in a cocktail glass, well done but not exceptional
- the best I ever had must have been at La Cour des Loges (though the barman used Canadian Club)

But my favorite bar for cocktails is at home. There, I can mix all kinds of Manhattans :
- the classic Sweet Manhattan (Rittenhouse Rye or Maker's Mark, sweet vermouth, The bitter truth aromatic bitters, syrup from the jar of maraschino cherries)
- or a stronger version (Wild Turkey Rare Breed or Van Winkle Rye, sweet vermouth, Orange bitters)
- and even a Daredevil Version aka The Hell's Kitchen (Bourbon or rye + Irish whiskey, sweet vermouth, aromatic bitters + Peychaud's bitter + syrup from the jar of maraschino cherries)

And that's it for the Manhattan, for now, at least.

Catégorie : Blogging_Cocktails

Aucun commentaire: